Position type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Hourly
Department/Group: Operations, store-level, FOH
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Your growth and success is our growth and success. A career with Cabbage Patch can take you straight up the restaurant operations ladder moving through successively more responsible leadership levels or it may include special development projects working cross-functionally with other departments alongside our Senior Management Team. Our training programs and development opportunities provide the foundation from which you can expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Each position in our restaurants is vitally important to operational success. We are dedicated to getting the right people in the right places and providing opportunities for those who are committed to a career with Cabbage Patch.
Cabbage Patch team members are expected to use his/her best judgment and common sense to make reasonable, rational decisions in line with Cabbage Patch’s financial, social and moral/ethical goals and strategies.
All Cabbage Patch team members are ambassadors of the Cabbage Patch brand and the Cabbage Patch Team.
He/she must work for the greater good of all of Cabbage Patch, all stores, not just their own.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Take steps to limit and prevent liabilities and problems related to customers’ excessive drinking by persuading customers to stop drinking or by arranging transportation for intoxicated customers.